There are five positions:
- Programming Director
- Public Relations Director
Tenure begins April 1 and ends March 31.
In order to be considered for office, an individual must be a registered student at the University of Iowa and currently listed as an active member.
For the offices of Secretary-Treasurer, Programming Director, and Public Relations Director, any active AIUI member may propose any active member (including him/herself) for that office. If the motion is seconded and the proposed individual agrees, s/he is placed on the ballot for that position. For the offices of President and Vice-President, an individual must be proposed by a current officer; all other rules are the same as for any other position.
We will begin with nominations for the office of President, voting for that office, then following the same pattern for the offices of Vice-President, Secretary-Treasurer, Programming Director, and Public Relations Director.
If more than one person contests an office, a secret ballot of active members in attendance will be held. Simple majority determines the office-holder. In the case of victory by plurality, a run-off election is held between the top two vote-getters for that position. In the event of a tie at any stage for any post, the current Council members will vote by secret ballot to break the tie.
- Overall management of AIUI and major decisions
- Representing AIUI inside and outside of the University
- Arranging Council meetings
- All Presidential duties that President is unable to fulfill
- Duties as assigned by President
- Taking and distributing minutes when appropriate
- Tracking finances and mediating with SOBO
- Raising money through grant-writing, sponsorships, and any other methods deemed appropriate
- Planning, coordinating, and implementing projects and events (coordinating with Secretary-Treasurer for funding), including but not limited to:
- Learning sessions
- Game Jams
- AI CON
- Conference attendance/presentations
- Informational interviews
- Coordinating with Public Relations Director, marketing all events across digital and physical media
Public Relations Director:
- Maintaining and regularly updating all forms of public and social media, including but not limited to:
- AIUI website*
- AIUI Facebook page
- AIUI blog
- AIUI YouTube account
- AIUI OrgSync account
- AIUI Twitter account
- AIUI Google Plus account*
- AIUI LinkedIn account*
- Coordinating with Programming Director, marketing all events across digital and physical media
TRANSFER OF POWER
All newly elected officers must attend the final meeting of the old council (March 30). All members of the old Council must be present at the first meeting of the new council (April 6).
*not yet created